app/xdm configure.ac - autoreconf - possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes cerdiogenes at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 24 12:32:28 PDT 2005

Hi,

While compiling the app/xdm/ I get the following error during autoreconf
process:

configure.ac:38: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
      See the Autoconf documentation.

I search for this error cause in the Autoconf info page and in google,
but don't find any reasonable answer why this is happening.

I try to use the m4_pattern_allow macro but do not have success in this.
I try to put the m4_pattern_allow this way:

AC_CHECK_FUNC(mkstemp, m4_pattern_allow (AC_DEFINE(HAS_MKSTEMP,1,
    [Define to 1 if you have the 'mkstemp' function.])))

I also try to put m4_pattern_allow (AC_DEFINE) above this:
AC_CHECK_FUNC(mkstemp, AC_DEFINE(HAS_MKSTEMP,1,
    [Define to 1 if you have the 'mkstemp' function.]))

but this doesn't work...

Anyone know how to resolve this and way this is happening?

Thanks,
Carlos.