Fatal server error: Caught signal 4. Server aborting

Dave Jersey djersey at charter.net
Tue Dec 6 17:08:22 PST 2005

I've tried re-installing Mandriva 2005 twice, am trying 2006 now.  Still
get this error when I try to bring up GUI desktop (KDE).  Any been there
done that out there willing to help me with this?  Log file and error
messages as follows:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 4.  Server aborting

Please consult the THE X.Org Foundation support
    at http://wiki.X.Org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.

X10:  fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
    after . requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Thanks!
Dave