Patch for bug #2088 (AMD GeodeLX ingeration) mostly there

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Dec 10 16:08:51 PST 2005

Hi,

the first "mostly working" version diff got even more changes:

http://dl.exactcode.de/oss/xorg/nsc-amd-geode-lx-R1.patch

so far XAA works for me. However starting xine crashes the X server.
I'll work on this, most probably Xv, issue later.

Please note, the patch is against the nsc modular -RC3 release since
I find it easier to work in the modular pieces.

Yours,

On Sunday 11 December 2005 00:36, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with Geode LX's lying around for a project I merged the code released
> by AMD into the nsc driver. The tarball from AMD contains a new driver
> just supporting the AMD Geode GX and LX. Hower I think it is way more
> desireable to extend and reuse the existing nsc driver to have less
> duplicate and thus bit rotting code in X.org.
>
> After some hours of cut'n pasting I have this changes in a local working
> copy and they bring up XAA accelerated X on the box I have on the LX
> desk and survive a fluxbox and kde session.
>
> There are still many obvious cleanups to do and I plan to have a mergable
> patch handy in the next days - though I guess too late to make it into
> 6.9 / 7.0, right?

[diffstat]

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org