i810 Color Temperature

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Thu Dec 15 13:30:36 PST 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2005, 21:50 +0100 schrieb Pedro Côrte-Real:
> On 12/12/05, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
> > > Assuming the i810 driver supports it, you should be able to adjust the
> > > CLUT using xgamma.
> >
> > How do I do that? All that xgamma allows for is to set gamma in the
> > three different channels. Is there some way that I can use that to
> > make a correction that's equivalent to the color temperature?
>
> Anyone have any more tips for this?

This is not an exact formula, but if you want warmer colors (lower color
temperature) do something like:

        xgamma -rgamma 1.1 -ggamma 1.0 -bgamma 0.9

And the opposite for colder colors (higher color temperature):

        xgamma -rgamma 0.9 -ggamma 1.0 -bgamma 1.1

To make the effect stronger, increase the differences between the gamma
values. If you lower all gamma values you get a darker image with a
higher contrast and more saturated colors. If you raise all gamma values
colors get less intense and the image gets brighter overall.

HTH,
  Felix

> Pedro.

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |