[ANNOUNCE] X11R6.9/X11R7 Final Release Candidate ready for testing

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Thu Dec 15 23:37:09 PST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 23:05, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the availability of the fourth and final full
> Release Candidate (RC4) for the upcoming X.Org Foundation release of
> X11R6.9 and X11R7.  We have tagged both the monolithic and modular trees
> and have prepared tarballs for you to test.
>
> The X11R6.9-RC4 tarball was created from the traditional monolithic
> source tree and can be found here:
>
>   http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R6.9-RC4/

Hi,

There will be no splitted tarballs available? The final 6.9 tarball will have
new name scheme like that one at above url?

The case is that we would like to put this release for testing for our users
but there is simply no point in reworking our rpm spec files (now at 6.8) if
the final 6.9 release will be different than final rc release in term of
packaging.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/