Quad head video card

Mon Dec 19 05:23:07 PST 2005

Hey all,

For a client I am looking for a quad head video card. The card should be
PCI and without a fan. The card should have the ability to do video
playback on all heads with a minimum CPU load in a 4 head Xinerama
setup. 3D performance is not important at all, and if DRI/OpenGL doesn't
work or only works in software doesn't matter.

Since this all is for a projects with a long (10 years and more)
lifetime it is important that the drivers are pure open source so that
we aren't depending on the manufacturer to give use a driver for Xorg
8.0 or Linux 3.0.

Does anybody have any experience with quad head PCI cards or two dual
head PCI cards or 4 single head PCI cards ? Any advice on what is a good
chipset for Xorg (in case we will make our own quadhead card) ?

TIA,

Erwin Rol