xmodmap repeat-mode

x at florian.loitsch.com x at florian.loitsch.com
Mon Dec 19 15:49:48 PST 2005

hi,
I'm using xmodmap to switch some keys on my keyboard, and ran into limitations
in the current version: If I put control keys (like caps-lock, or control) on
non-control keys (like Tab or '~') the auto-repeat mode doesn't change.
The attached patch solves this issue (at least for me;):
a new command 'repeat' switches the auto-repeat mode for a list of keycodes.
example:
'repeat off = 0x07' switches the auto-repeat off (0x07 was the escape key).
'repeat on = 64 66' switches the auto-repeat on (66 was the caps key, and 64
the alt key).
mfg,
// florian loitsch