Gnome & EXA - Any progress ?

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Wed Dec 21 17:38:31 PST 2005

Hell[o] Adam,

On 2005-12-04, you wrote:

> In general, statements like "EXA is slow for me", even when describing a
> use  case, are not sufficient information to determine where the slowdown
> is  occuring.  At a minimum, use a profiling tool like sysprof or
> oprofile to get  some actual numbers on what code paths are being hit
> most.

This is a bit problematic because this require to recompile Xorg completly
for me and I can't do it now :( I hope I will be able to find some time for deeper
look inside this problem soon.

Anyway another small update.

- This problem is general and affect both Gnome & KDE
- This can be a bug in Conky/Torsmo, but I have not enough time to check
  that.

But finaly I found that this problem appear only when the double buffering
rendering is enabled in torsmo ('double_buffer on' in .conkyrc). When I disable it the problem is gone too, but of coz torsmo window flickers a lot.

It's easy to reproduce. Enable double buffering and set update interval to
1s or 0.5s ('update_interval 1.0' in .conkyrc)

Regards
--
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://binaryriot.com/dreamolers/ :::