using x11r5 font server

Christofer Olofsson christofer.olofsson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:52:32 PDT 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to use a remote hpux xfs as with my xorg on ubuntu install
but it fails with
xset:  bad font path element (#65), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

It works using debian and xfree and it also works when i add a font
server on the local lan or localhost forwarded through ssh.

Is it so that the old x implementation is no longer supported?

xset "tcp/localhost:port" to hpux 11.11i doesn't work.
xset "tcp/localhost:port" to linux with xfree r6 works.
xset "tcp/ip.addr:port" to linux with xfree r6 works.

c.