recent changes to Xgl

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 21:45:25 PDT 2005

On 6/8/05, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Somewhere there must be a dispatch table for remote GLX calls versus
> the local ones. My guess would be that neither of these are getting
> activated and you are just defaulting into the all noop one. It is not
> clear to me if the noop dispatch table being hit is generated from the
> mesa library or GLX code.

I can't see any place in Xgl where you dlopen libGL and copy the
symbols out of it and into your dispatch table. Xgl now contains the
glGetString symbol. When glitz tries to use glGetString it gets the
Xgl implementation of glGetString instead of the libGL one.

The Xgl displatch table needs to default to passing these calls onto
libGL unless it is a remote call and the table has been overwritten
with the GLX versions. I don't think you initially filled the dispatch
table with the libGL version of the calls so you are just getting the
default table of noop implementations. You have to dlopen(libGL) and
get the symbols explicitly otherwise you'll get the Xgl versions.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com