SCO port update - what now?

Felix Schulte felix.schulte at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:10:23 PDT 2005

On 6/10/05, Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
> Kean Johnston wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've posted the patch for teh SCO port update in an attachment to
> > #3180. I have a branch, called sco_port_update, that has it all
> > committed. What now? How do I get this stuff on the trunk? I am
> > working on a full ChangeLog entry if thats all thats missing.
>
> Looking through the patch, it seems to be pretty reasonable, mostly
> SCO-specific, and nothing jumps out at me from the rest.   (I'm not
> sure the changes to whether monitor refresh rates are commented out
> or not in the generated config file should be #ifdef SCO but rather
> some more general #ifdef, but that can be cleaned up later.) I don't
> see a reason why you shouldn't merge it to head once you have the
> changelog done if you think it's ready to go.

The changes to the Xprint server seems to be wrong - replacing pread()
with lseek()+read() introduces a race condition between parent and
child process which both use the same kernel file pointer to read and
write to the file
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2005-May/007698.html).

--
      _        Felix Schulte