SCO port update - what now?

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:50:12 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 12:30 -0700, Kean Johnston wrote:
> > those out. I'll attach the ChangeLog to the bug in an hour or so.
> > That should make the patch analysis a bit easier.
> Done, for those that care.
>
> What is the general procedure from this point? Does someone with
> write access to HEAD have to do the merge, or so I? If me, how?
> Any help appreciated!

Typically a branch wouldn't have even been made, and you would just
commit to head yourself when you had your patch ready.

As it is, I think the correct thing is to check out head, "cvs up -j
sco_port_update", test build and check that cvs diff shows the code
you're actually trying to merge.  Commit to head, and be done.

After that, either don't use the same branch any more (recommended IMO,
due to cvs's lame branching support) or lay down tags on head as
described in the old DRI CVS policy, so you'll be able to merge to head
again later.

Eric Anholt                                     eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt at FreeBSD.org