What happened to Atlantik? Is Monopoly monopolizing the market?

Alex Ngai ccn_alex at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:53:29 PDT 2005

Hi,

Anyone here played Atlantik? It is a free game that plays like Monopoly. It
came with Fedora Core 3 Linux, but now, in FC4, it's not included there
anymore.

I've been wondering if it is legal to release a game that plays like
Monopoly, but with different game name, different game rules and different
board than the classic Monopoly.

I know that Monopoly is trademarked and owned by Hasbo, but can they patent
the gameplay? Have they patented it/cvs/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree98/accel/s3pwlb/drivers/newmmio
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          tp://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/xorg>,
	<mailto:xorg-request at lists.freedesktop.org?subject=subscribe>

Jonas Melian writes:
 > > Bora Sahin writes:
 > > So when we come to the original poster's question, if I dont understand the subject wrongly, he can
 > > do DDC just using libddc.a after loading and setting I2C?
 >
 > > Egbert Eich wrote:
 > > Well, you will have to pass a scrnIndex to some funcitions.
 > > The scrnIndex marks the ScrnInfoRec to use and this is set
 > > up by the driver. The ScrnInfoRec contains all non driver-private
 > > DDX data for a particular screen.
 >
 > Then, is possible access to ddc using libddc.a without loading some
 > graphic driver?

No. The driver calls the functions that set up the ScrnInfoRec.

Egbert.