xf86-video-intel: Can toggle between LDVS and DVI without xserver-restart?

Mirko Selent mirko.selent at gmx.de
Wed May 2 01:09:21 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I plan to buy a new laptop with Intel GMA 950.
If I work at home, the laptop has been connected with port
replicator with external monitor on DVI-Port.  The external
monitor has the same resolution as the laptop TFT.
Therefore I want to toggle between the LVDS and DVI port
if the laptop is stand-alone or not.

Can the xf86-video-intel driver toggle the output port
without restart of xserver after resume from suspend to disk?

Thanks
Mirko