xterm with italic font

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Mon May 7 04:03:08 PDT 2007

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Leo wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I use emacs in xterm and I am wondering how can I get italic font
> support in xterm if it is possible. Thank you in advance.

This might help:

                     Patch #203 - 2005/7/6 - XFree86 4.5.99.7
      * add support for interpreting the underline attribute as an italic
        font in Xft mode (patch by Chuck Blake).

which uses (man xterm)

        italicULMode (class ColorAttrMode)
                Specifies whether characters  with  the  underline
                attribute should be displayed in an italic font or
                as underlined characters.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net