Xinerama & i810 driver version 2.0.0

Gerhard Mourani gmourani at openna.com
Thu May 10 14:46:30 PDT 2007

Hello,

I know that Intel driver has been completely rewritten and that now it's
supposed to work fine with Linux and X version 1.3. I'm also understand
that dual head with clone mode is auto detected and a quick test show me
that it correctly detect the screen but not the resolution. That's not a
problem for me because what I want to do with dual head is to be able to
use it with xinerama (working on both screen). My question is, how to do
this (enable xinerama or new way to do it) and have my second external
screen work in dual head (not clone mode)?

Thanks,