Strange behavior of xterm after upgrade to 7.1 from 6.9 (fwd)

kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu
Mon May 28 15:43:07 PDT 2007

Sorry, forgot to cc the list with this one.

To what is below and to my previous message, I can add something which I
forgot to mention. I have just now re-confirmed the following:

If Midnight Commander is opened in an xterm then the action which is
supposed to be generated by Alt-s can be generated by Cntrl-s instead.
That is, somehow the wires are crossed and the wrong key is causing the
action. As I said, if one opens Midnight Commander in an rxvt window, this
kind of thing does not happen.

The message I already sent to Thomas Dickey <dickey at radix.net> is
reproduced below without change.

Theodore Kilgore