News ATI drivers

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 16:23:50 PDT 2007

On 9/8/07, Bauke Jan Douma <bjdouma at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> All this silence (esp. on this thread) from the relevant Xorg developers
> (up to now) can only mean one thing: the report is accurate, and said
> developers are under embargo till monday.

Excellent, if ironic, observation.

I've been trying to parse what's out there, and I'm mildly put off by
talk about the ATOM BIOS (We've been-there-done-that with the Intel
BIOS-based driver, I don't think such a driver would be warmly
received), but seeing some of the names allegedly involved makes me
think that the interests of the community are well-protected.

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,
your economic theory makes no sense...