Virtual desktop doesn't work anymore

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 17 03:22:20 PDT 2007

Dmitry Babrovich wrote:
> Since you have Randr 1.3 installed have you tried intel 2.1.0 driver?
> The manual how to configure Xinerama style desctop is here
> (http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html)

Just to clairfy Geert, I think the link Dmitry has given you will allow
you to do exactly what you want.

The terminology and implementation have changed since your old version,
but the end result should still be satisfactory (also it shoudl allow
you to reconfigure you setup without restarting - e.g. you should be
able to remove the extra monitor form your system without restarting X
which should make suspending and resuming possible if you have a laptop...)

Col