DRM git + linux kernel 2.6.22.5 + intel 965GM: no DRI

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Thu Sep 20 07:27:18 PDT 2007

Jens Stroebel wrote:

>  [...snipp...] DRM <-> 965GM problem.

> We are building the git versions of xorg/drm/mesa regularly, installing
> the drm kernel modules along with the library.
>
> When doing this lately, we get an error in the xorg log where normally
> the dri module would have been inserted:
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
> drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:02.0
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
> drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 9
> drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:02.0
> (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) AIGLX: reverting
> to software rendering

Unfortunately, this is still true.

setup:

xorg (lib,server,drivers) git 2007-09-20 (server uses no-pci-rework branch)
Mesa git 2007-09-20
drm git 2007-09-20
kernel 2.6.22.6

lspci -v (graphics chip):
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 01fe
        Memory at fea00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        I/O ports at eff8 [size=8]
        Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0
Enable-
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 3

		greets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion