ATI 6.7.192 Dual-Head

Red Neck kcender07 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 10:13:35 PDT 2007

Alex,

Have just patched 6.7.193 with your suggestions below and tested.  The second LCD now displays an image which I can manipulate to do Dual Head as before.  Thanks very much, very much appreciated!

Looking forward to seeing a new release of the ATI Driver module.

Rob

------------------

(I'm adding Mikhail too as this may help him out as well)

I think I may have figured out the problem.  I'll update git tonight.
if you want to try, change the following in radeon_display.c:

so this:
     } else if (radeon_output->TMDSType == TMDS_EXT) {
    tmp = INREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL);
    tmp |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
    OUTREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL, tmp);
    save->fp2_gen_cntl |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
    }

would become:
     } else if (radeon_output->TMDSType == TMDS_EXT) {
    tmp = INREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL);
    tmp |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
        tmp &= ~(RADEON_FP2_BLANK_EN);
    OUTREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL, tmp);
    save->fp2_gen_cntl |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
        save->fp2_gen_cntl &= ~(RADEON_FP2_BLANK_EN);
    }

there may be other magic bits in fp2_gen_cntl we need to set, but we
can sort that out later if this doesn't work.

Alex