Fix for Video Tearing on Intel driver???

Alwin Bakkenes alwin at bakkenes.nu
Sun Sep 30 10:23:51 PDT 2007

Hi,

Following the help I got on this list, I finally got video playback smooth
at 1080p when using the XV Video Overlay port. However, since I use MythTV
to watch live TV (for which I cannot select the XV Port) and look at
pictures (using OpenGL animations), I still get a lot of video tearing.

I found this
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-August/027306.html) thread
explaining the root-cause and some potential issues.

I bought a Gigabyte G33 based motherboard with HDMI to avoid having to add a
heat generating video card in my passively cooled hfx box. Also, I built it
such that I really have to redo the heatpipe layout if I need to add one
(www.bakkenes.nu/g33/hfx.jpg) &:).

Does anybody know when the video tearing issue will be addressed for all XV
ports? I guess there are many like me that opt for an intel based board with
built in graphics to build quiet, small HTPCs. Would be great to get this
fixed.

Thanks!

Alwin