[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.4.0

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 12 06:47:12 PDT 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:
>> I wonder if you guys are hitting the pipe stealing code... If so, this patch
>> may help, care to give it a try?
>
> Compiling it up now. Will try and get some feedback shortly (depends
> when I can log out!)

Sorry to report that it doesn't make any odds for me. I'm using 2.4 with
your previous and this patch applied.

If git master is recommended I can try that one.

For completeness, I had good success with the original instruction of
reverting the problem commit 37848925c4557385f154443ffbb917a8203506f8 if
that in some way aids your debugging.

My typical tests are to click on a link in thunderbird to open firefox.
Another easy way is to trigger a libnotify popup.

As noted earlier it's GTK apps only that do this and I appreciate there
are limitations in the randr API in this respect. I'm sure it's solvable
somehow for clever folks like your good selves :D

Col