Warning: evdev changes - no auto-grabs anymore

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Aug 15 04:52:26 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 01:50:09PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> Mac mouse emulation we could probably just blacklist away from the evdev
> driver.  rfkill is... harder?  Does it get its own event device or not?
> I'd think it would have to get one kill device per wireless device.

rfkill isn't a generator of events, it's a consumer. The problem with
EVIOCGRAB is that it also prevents in-kernel consumers of input events
from receiving them. That includes the console layer, but it also
includes the mouse emulation and KEY_RADIO->radio off functionality. So
using EVIOCGRAB really isn't an option, and we need some other way of
handling the problems that that causes.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org