Xlib and mouse events

Benjamin BOUCHER boucher.bn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 05:21:22 PDT 2008

I tried xev and, correct me if I'm wrong, it can't get mouse clicks on other
windows that the one it created itself.
I just made some tests and it can't even get mouse motions events on it, (it
detects only mouse motions events on borders and titlebar) probably because
my app is a JAVA one (using libVLC through JNA which il a lib that allows to
run native code in JAVA).

Btw, xed behavior seems normal to me because, as we can read in the Xlib doc
:
"Only one client at a time can select a
*ButtonPress<http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/events/keyboard-pointer/keyboard-pointer.html>
* event, which is associated with the event mask
*ButtonPressMask<http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/events/processing-overview.html#ButtonPressMask>
*."

Since libVLC get these events, what I want to do seems impossible... :(