State of bleeding edge Intel drivers and opengl?

Philip Langdale plangdale at vmware.com
Thu Aug 21 14:23:10 PDT 2008

This is a follow up to a question I asked a couple of months ago.

Right now, I've got master of drm/mesa/xf86-video-intel/xserver up
and running with the kernel drm driver from the drm-merge branch
of Eric's linux tree - but I believe it's the same as the drm driver
on drm master.

Mesa is built without TTM support because that claims to require xf86mm.h
which master of drm does not export anymore. Does this matter? It causes
mesa to only claim OpenGL 1.4 support but the full set of ARB extensions
for GLSL and FBOs are still published.

Once up and running, the GLSL test programs seem to work but the FBO
situation is much dicier. fbo_firecube locks the machine up and the simpler
fbo tests show visual corruption and dmesg is filled with messages like:

[drm:i915_gem_execbuffer] *ERROR* Going to lose the write domain obj 11 size 1048576

I'm using EXA as X refuses to come up with UXA and I'm not using KMS.

Is this behaviour expected?

--phil