installation of XKB rules

Wayne shhuango at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 20:30:56 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been building xserver from git by build.sh. When I entered
xserver, my keyboard wasn't working. Xorg.0.log showed that
xkb couldn't find any rules in my new xserver in
/opt/modular/share/X11/xkb. Only folder compiled/ in this xkb/.
I installed my new xserver into /opt/modular. And I ran
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xkeyboard-config
to get rules. However, I don't know how to install it into my
new xserver. I stored xkeyboard-config into /opt/src/, including
all the source of xserver. I added

    build xkeyboard-config ""

into /opt/src/util/modular/build.sh, and ran

    PATH=/opt/modular/bin:$PATH /opt/src/util/modular/build.sh \
        -D /opt/modular

Of course, I commented all the other build lines, from build_doc
to build_util because I had done them.
However, when build.sh was building xkeyboard, an error happened.

autoreconf: running: acloca -I /opt/modular/share/aclocal
configure.in:47: warning: macro 'AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
configure.in:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL
     If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow
     See the Autoconf documentation
configure.in:47: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

Does it mean that I didn't install package gettext? I can find GETTEXT in
my xserver by dpkg -l. Why didn't I compile it???

Thanks........
Wayne