possible problem in xf86_video_siliconmotion ?

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Wed Aug 27 12:38:28 PDT 2008

Chuck Robey wrote:

> I had stopped compiling xorg for a week while I sealt with some other items, and
> in the meantime, it looks like the video driver xf86-video-siliconmotion grew a
> compile problem, at least here.  The file smi_video.c has a problem with line
> 1226, the macros XF86_VERSION_CURRENT and XF86_VERSION_NUMERIC break, because
> the include of xf86Version.h is missing.  Here, it installs into my
> X11R7/inlcude/xorg.  I added that include, it fixed the problem perfectly.
>
> If it's broken for you, that's what fixed it for me.  If it builds for you, then
> disregard this.  I just did a git-pull, it seemed that it wasn't fixed when I
> checked for this mail.

  I think it was not updated in the recent change to remove
xf86Version.h. I have it corrected in my work tree, but anyone can
can correct that in the mean time.

  I am working on a merge of the xorg driver with Alex Deucher's 501
repository and code from smi. Still getting it to work, after that
I plan to make separate commits (right now over 6k lines diffs)

Paulo