xserver on OpenGL

Otto Solares solca@guug.org
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:55:05 -0600

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 05:57:24PM -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:
> There are caveats of course. Most of the driver binaries are closed
> source, due to NDA restrictions with vendors and of course because we
> sell them. Our primary goal is to sell these drivers to enterprise and

Yea, that is a problem, but probably you are talking about the
2D drawing code, i was talking about mode setting and card init.
This simple layer combined with linux-solo has the potential to
become the future for graphics in linux.  BUT anyway you are
integrating DRI drivers into SNAP that is certainly the step
we need and i understand you would not open source such layer.

-solca