pbuffers

Brian Paul brian@tungstengraphics.com
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:29:14 -0700

Incidentally, over the weekend I started to implement a version of
WGL_ARB_render_texture in s/w Mesa's GLX to get a feel for the details
involved, and to make sure Mesa's infrastructure could handle it.

I probably got about half way done.  It's pretty gnarly work.

In terms of render-to-texture for X-on-OpenGL, one deficiency is the
lack of a way to resize a Pbuffer (to respond to window resizes).

So, to fully get the functionality we need, GLX (or the equivalent)
would need to support:

  * full GLX 1.3 (or GLX_SGIX_fbconfig and GLX_SGIX_pbuffer)
  * a GLX version of WGL_NV_render_texture
  * a GLX version of WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle
  * a new GLX extension for resizing pbuffers

-Brian