More 24bit optimizations (was: a just another stupid newbie :)

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:23:34 -0800

Around 19 o'clock on Dec 14, Jaymz Julian wrote:

> for avoiding calling fbCompositeGeneral millions of times for a 1x1 solid
> mask (once per pixel), since it seemed to bound it anyhow.  On second look,
> perhaps it wasn't the most wise/safe way to achieve that, so maybe i need
> to look at that again.

Ah.  The optimized functions "know" about 1x1 pictures and so the upper
function sets maskRepeat to False in that case.  Maybe fbCompositeGeneral
could be fixed to do the same thing; that would mean we'd set maskRepeat
and srcRepeat to FALSE for 1x1 pictures.

-keith