Refresh Rate

Jeremy Cowgar jc@cowgar.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:42:58 -0500

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 19:13, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 14 o'clock on Dec 13, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
>
> > I have an ATI Radeon 7500. I change from loading Xvesa to Xati
hoping
> > that would detect some new settings, but that didn't do it,
therefore
> > I'm stuck.
>
> I believe if you load an fbdev driver into the kernel that Xati will
use
> that, and I think the fbdev driver has configurable refresh rates.

I do a modprobe radeonfb, fbset "1280x1024-75" ... all looks great on
the console, however, running Xfbdev on Xati I recieve:

No screens found
Cannot open Display

I find no information about this, nor how to configure it. Can anyone
give me any suggestions?

----
jeremy <jc@cowgar.com>

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.