DRM drivers

Jon Smirl jonsmirl@yahoo.com
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:08:46 -0800 (PST)

When we get around to reworking the DRM drivers we should add support for /sys.
It is pretty easy to do. Adding /sys support will make the DRI devices appear in
/udev too.

I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I think if we make the DRM drivers hotplug
compatible they can trigger a user mode app to run when they are first loaded.
The app could automatically reset secondary adapters and get the DDC info from
the monitor.

We might want to cross the DDC info with the possible adapater modes and then
load the valid modelines into the DRM driver. This would let things like
fbconsole work on DRM without needing a real mode helper.

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@yahoo.com