xizzle

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Apr 5 02:50:36 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:47:50AM +0200, Witold Krecicki wrote:
> Dnia poniedzia?ek 05 kwiecie? 2004 02:41, Daniel Stone napisa?:
> > On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 11:26:32PM +0200, Witold Krecicki wrote:
> > > I was trying to run Xizzle, but I wasn't able to get it to work.
> > > There seems to be something broken with module loader (I've took modules
> > > from 4.4.0 installation - but it doesn't seem to be able to load it at
> > > all, even with hw/xizzle/loader/ stuff taken from XFree86-4.4.0.) Is
> > > there possibility to make it work?
> >
> > I'm hoping to be able to CVS commit my latest work tonight. It's making
> > slow progress towards working - right now, it loads the ATI driver in a
> > static build, and then initialises my Radeon, and later solidlocks or
> > segfaults. I think the problem is related to initialising acceleration,
> > but nothing gets written to the logs in some cases, and start
> > Xizzle/Alt-SysRq-S-U-B/check log/start Xizzle/... gets tiring after a
> > while (I spent about 2 hours in that cycle last night).
>
> Well, from where should I take bitmap and/or pcidata modules? After trying to
> make it work I actually made it load libbitmap (from 4.4.0) and.... that's
> everything, it takes 99% of processor time and hangs....

That's, uhm, interesting. It didn't get anywhere near that close last
time I checked. It shouldn't be getting that close.

The loader is known-broken at this stage.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org