Kdrive and XF4VNC

Jaymz Julian jaymz at artificial-stupidity.net
Tue Apr 13 07:01:45 PDT 2004

Strip the binary.

jaymz at pachyderm:~/xserver/bin/bin$ ls -lh Xfbdev
-rwxr-xr-x    1 jaymz    jaymz        8.8M Apr  6 23:57 Xfbdev
jaymz at pachyderm:~/xserver/bin/bin$ strip Xfbdev && ls -lh Xfbdev
-rwxr-xr-x    1 jaymz    jaymz        1.1M Apr 13 23:56 Xfbdev

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 09:21:18AM -0400, Andrew P Cook wrote:
> The freedesktop code from the CVS doesn't seem to use the host.def file.
> I passed some parameters to the configure script to disable features,
> but it only had a minimal impact on the final size of Xfbdev.  Is there
> a way to use the host.def file to get a comparable build or what other
> way is there to control the final size of kdrive?

There is a bunch of stuff you can disable in ./configure, as well.
Also, try passing CFLAGS=-Os, whichwill optimize for size instead of
speed.

	-- jj

Jaymz Julian - Coder, Visionary, Fat Ass.
"Hannibal is a serial killer. He only likes to kill and eat people.
 Very few people have `I want to be killed and eaten' on their cards,
 so Hannibal is out of a job." - http://cards.sf.net