Transparency

Matt Jones mattharrison@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:23:15 -0800

--=-03/G2YkfUNzgxOw7leZy

> Sure; I've hacked xterm to demonstrate this.  The X server supports a new=
=20
> visual -- 32 bits deep, of which only 24 are used for RGB, the remaining =
8=20
> bits is an alpha channel.

Is there any chance that someone could generate some well-documented
samples/tutorials for new features in fd.o xserver? Uncover, xcompmgr
and others spring to mind for the compositing extensions (although
better commenting is needed), but things like ARGB windows aren't really
explained anywhere (at least that I can find).

I'd like to start working on a more modular (as the TODO requests)
replacement of xcompmgr / full merge with metacity (I see that some
basic code is already in there), but I'm not completely confident about
my abilities with some of the new API.

-- Matt Jones

--=-03/G2YkfUNzgxOw7leZy

--=-03/G2YkfUNzgxOw7leZy--