Direct rendered xlib

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Tue May 4 00:24:07 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 00:45, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Have you considered using the the Glitz render implementation to build a
> directly rendered version of xlib?

Please, no.

There is no good reason to bother to make antiquity run faster,
increasing the long term support burden.

Now replacing the core graphics in the X server with something
based on more modern stuff, reducing the total amount of code
we maintain in the long term, that I could get interested in.

Even here, though, it isn't clear it is worth it; I'm not
sure you can get a semantic match, given the broken semantics
of wide lines/arcs in core graphics.
                       - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com>