error running xserver

Christoffer Olsen co at deworks.net
Tue May 4 10:48:45 PDT 2004

It just means that the binaries are set to run as root, regardless of
what user starts it. Thus, you don't have to change users to run the
Xserver as your normal user, you just run the binary as root, even
though you're not.

chmod +s <file> sets the file to be setuid, and if it's owned by root,
it will run as root.