Composite and damage status

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu May 13 06:44:03 PDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:21:35 +0100, "Dermot McGahon" wrote:
> Don't tell me the freedesktop xserver _is_ the xorg xserver.

The freedesktop CVS server hosts the source code for multiple X server
implementations. One of the CVS modules is named "xserver" and is
primarily an experimental playground with lots of interesting things in
it. Another is named "xorg" and was recently released by the X.Org
Foundation, and is being shipped by various distributions.

It's the fact that the "X.Org Foundation" is hosting code at
freedesktop.org, (and hosting mailing lists at both x.org and
freedesktop.org), that leads me to wonder if there is a plan to merge
the domain names.

-Carl