A sketch of a command-line interface for apitrace

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Oct 25 20:03:45 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 07:42:26 PM Carl Worth wrote:
> > I'll defer to Zack here.  But from my POV, the GUI should be a equal
> > citizen as the CLI. One can imagine that certain users might want to
> > use strictly the GUI.
>
> OK. But surely we can come up with a better name than qapitrace? How
> about apitrace-gui at the very least.

I'm ok with whatever. I used qapitrace initially because I didn't want to
steal the command "apitrace" for the gui and I found ./build/q<tab> to be
convenient. With apitrace-gui that's two more key strokes :)

FWIW though I completely agree with Jose. I don't think ApiTrace is like Git
(or at least I hope the ApiTrace gui is more useful than the Git gui where in
general the gui is never used because the ide's handle the itegration) so it'd
be nice if the gui wasn't delegated to a hierarchy of subcommands.