Problem replaying trace on Mesa 10.1.4

io.github.apitrace at io7m.com io.github.apitrace at io7m.com
Tue May 27 04:36:04 PDT 2014

On Tue, 27 May 2014 15:18:16 +0400 (MSK)
Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras.ru> wrote:

> > 1 1930 glXCreateContextAttribsARB(dpy = 0x7f8a4400b040,
> > config = 0x7f8a44043de0, share_context = NULL, direct = True,
> > attrib_list = {GLX_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION_ARB, 4,
> >                GLX_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION_ARB, 4,
> >                GLX_RENDER_TYPE, 0x8014, GLX_CONTEXT_FLAGS_ARB, 0x0,
> >                GLX_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK_ARB, GLX_CONTEXT_CORE_PROFILE_BIT_ARB,
> >                0}) = NULL
>
> The above asks for a 4.4 core context that is not supported by your underlying
> OpenGL implementation.  The extension specification says:

I should mention that this is a program written with JOGL:

  http://jogamp.org/jogl

... which does do the profile "probing" in the manner you've described.
This part of the program is outside of my control. Essentially, the
library attempts to see which contexts are available, starting from
the highest that could possibly be available and working down. I'll
nudge the main author with this and see what he thinks.

I assume that JOGL is somehow handling the errors, but this same
handling obviously doesn't apply when the trace is replayed in
glretrace.