Problem replaying trace on Mesa 10.1.4

io.github.apitrace at io7m.com io.github.apitrace at io7m.com
Tue May 27 05:04:48 PDT 2014

On Tue, 27 May 2014 15:44:41 +0400 (MSK)
Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras.ru> wrote:

> I believe there's no need to bother the JOGL folks; this pattern is fine.

They've been made aware of this anyway, as I'm actually on the
development team. I let the others know mainly because no doubt there'll
be others that run into this issue and ask on the jogamp forums.

> Actually I see why the behavior changed for you; you've probably updated from
> apitrace 4.0 to 5.0; 4.0 did not supply the application-requested GL profile
> version to the driver: https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/issues/176
>
> So, disregard what I said about Mesa/Xorg before; the issue and the behavior
> change is entirely on apitrace side.  The fix, I believe, would be to make X
> protocol errors not fatal in the replayer.

Ok, thanks. So, is it just a case of waiting for a fix now? I don't
think I know enough about apitrace's implementation to correctly fix
this myself.