[Authentication] Item attributes types inconsistency

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Mar 14 15:27:17 PDT 2011

On 03/14/2011 09:56 PM, Stef Walter wrote:
> On 03/13/2011 10:47 PM, Valentin Rusu wrote:
>> First, when creating an item, the signature of the CreateItem has a
>> "properties" arg of type "a{sv}".
> Yes, these are the various readwrite properties (as in o.f.d.Properties)
> of the item. Usually one is the Label and the other is the Attributes.
Ok, I gave the spec a second reading and got the distinction between
d-bus related properties and item's properties, which are called
attributes. However, giving them all in a single nested map is
misleading. Why not simply have two parameters :
- properties "a{ss}"
- attributes "a{ss}"
That way this would ensure users correctly understand that item's
attributes are only strings (I also like this more simpler type).

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Valentin