[avahi] Avahi scope?

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Mon Jan 16 09:55:42 PST 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 05:07:31PM -0500, Lee Cullens wrote:
> Never mind.  I found where Avahi conflicts with mdnsresponder.  The
> problem is that if I were to remove mdnsresponder and install Avahi then
> I would need dbus rather than dbus1  which would in turn wipe out at
> least the majority of my testing version Gnome desktop.  It may be that
> such could be done with the unstable Gnome desktop, but I don't want
> move whole-hog to unstable because that would undoubtedly lead to more
> issues.  Yet another catch-22 :-(

Not reall a Catch-22. Just some patients required. As you might have noticed
unstable is in a big transition from dbus 0.2X to dbus >= 0.60 and from G2.10
to G2.12.. These things take time to stabilize properly before they enter
testing.

But that's what you choose right, not the latest versions, but something which
has had time to stabilize :). Anyway if all goes well, it should enter testing
in 2 or 3 weeks..

  Sjoerd
--
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.
		-- Publilius Syrus