[avahi] publish-update problem

James, Neil Neil.James at gdcanada.com
Wed Apr 16 16:16:31 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am still having problems getting updates of txt records all the way up
to the browser.

What seems to happening is that when the browser registers for a service
it gets the value from the cache and then the multicast_lookup is
destroyed before the next update of the record. Are there some flag
settings that can be set to prevent this? I can see the cache_update
function being called but the avahi_multicast_lookup_engine_notify does
nothing since the lookup msg has been removed. Though looking at the
code again subscribers are only notified of CNAME changes, so maybe I am
looking in the wrong place.

I get the same results using both 0.6.21 and 0.6.22.

Any thoughts?

Neil

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.