[avahi] discover services in pidgin

evanescent coolnuwan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 03:23:24 PDT 2009

Thanks Robin. Actually I did know the protocol to use for chat is
_presence._tcp.
Now I can see the presence of the service from pidgin.
Ok now I need to build a chat application on this. I went through the link
You given. But I could not
find the source that has the Bonjour chat protocol implemented. did you mean
this? http://www.dns-sd.org/ClientSetup.html

Actually this is what I want to do now.

I have a P2P overlay network(Dcache <http://wathsalav.blogspot.com/> ) which
is a distributed web cache based on IP multicasting. Any computer in the
network can join or leave this P2P network at anytime. Now I want to publish
the presence of these nodes which are joining to P2P (This part is done. Now
I can publish the presence of nodes and can see those in pidgin)
Then I want to give the chat facility to these nodes in P2P in pidgin.

1)How can I do the next part? If any sources please put here.

2)In order to do that do you tihnk It is neccessary to customise pidgin ?

Or can this be done with no changes to pidgin?

Thanks

Nuwan Gunarathna