[avahi] network down does not remove services

ecfu ecforusers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:16:25 PST 2010

When a node on my network goes down, I notice my avahi-browse keeps the
services from the gone node.  Even if I kill the avahi-browse process and
re-browse the services are still there.   The only way to know that those
services are gone is to try to resolve them (or at least that is all I have
found that I can do).  Am I just not waiting long enough?

Is there a way to know that the node has dropped off and the services have
been removed?  Does this have to do with my network more than Avahi?  Or is
there a timeout configuration setting I can set?

Thanks