[Beignet] Problems with recent beignet

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 19:36:47 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Martin Hauke <mardnh at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> building git master on OpenSUSE 13.1 actually fails since this OpenSUSE
> version ships only with libdrm2-2.4.46-3.2.2
As you may know, we are working on enable BDW. And the new version
libdrm is required for that purpose.
Considering libdrm 2.4.52 was released more than half year ago, we
didn't think this requirement is a real issue.

If there is a strong reason that there are systems won't upgrade to
the libdrm 2.4.52 or newer. Please
let us know. Thanks.

> https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:mnhauke:opencl:testing/openSUSE_13.1/x86_64/beignet/_log
>
> Unfortunately also building against OpenSUSE factory does not work
> https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:mnhauke:opencl:testing/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64/beignet/_log
The root cause of the above failure is it is using an unsupported
build type when configure beignet with the following option.
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None
To fix it you can just remove the above option.

> Also building beignet version 0.9.3 fails on obs.
> RPM-postbuild check says:
> -------------------snip----------------------------
> [  506s] I: Program returns random data in a function
> [  506s] E: beignet no-return-in-nonvoid-function
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Beignet-0.9.3-Source/backend/src/llvm/llvm_gen_backend.cpp:1108
> [  506s]
> [  506s] I: Program returns random data in a function
> [  506s] E: beignet no-return-in-nonvoid-function
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Beignet-0.9.3-Source/backend/src/llvm/llvm_gen_backend.cpp:1108
Right, this is a compilation warning. It could be easily fixed at
llvm_gen_backend.cpp:1106.

 -   else
 -     assert(0);
 -  }
+    else {
+     GBE_ASSERT(0 && "Unsupported constant expression");
+     return regTranslator.getScalar(val, elemID);
+   }

It was fixed in the master branch but still in 0.9.3 release. As the
next major release is coming, we will not make a
fix release for this compilation warning issue.

Thanks,
Zhigang Gong.