[Beignet] 9e8874c breaking (more) Haswell systems?

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 23 02:13:56 PDT 2015

On 2015.04.18 22:16:07 +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/commit/?h=Release_v1.0&id=9e8874c7a16b029d5b857a11ff9b23102752b4db
> was intended to catch the "silently does nothing on large arrays" bug, and
> does so (with the message "drm_intel_gem_bo_context_exec() failed: No space
> left on device").
>
> However, a user reports that it also breaks a previously
> working-without-workarounds Haswell system, with
> "drm_intel_gem_bo_context_exec() failed: Invalid argument":
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=781875#46
>
> The usual i915_cmd_parser workaround did work, so it might be a good idea to
> suggest it in this error message.  (The Debian kernel does have c9224fa...,
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=767148 , but as noted
> earlier this isn't enough for all Haswell systems.)

Zhigang, please double check this, mostly for ef7127c03bd533277afc443b335c37a69927250a.

If this kernel workaround is not required on some HW stepping, then please
send a kernel patch to fix it. If that might fail for some context, or you
need to set it in your context, then they might be in kernel white list.

Otherwise current beignet just failed on HSW with cmd parser and we're very
close to really enable cmd parser for HSW in normal kernel config.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827