[Beignet] Problems and questions when using Beignet

gss at mail.ustc.edu.cn gss at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Mon Apr 27 19:20:48 PDT 2015

Hi, all,

(Sorry, I forget attachments in previous mail.)

I'm a beginner of using Beignet to develop OpenCL programs, and I'm facing some problems and questions that I cannot fix them. So I need some help.

Hardware:   GIGA Mini PC with core i7 and Iris Pro
OS:   Ubuntu 14.04.2
Run command of "Known Issues": # echo 0 > /sys/module/i915/parameters/enable_cmd_parser

Questions:
1. When I run "./utest_run", I get 18 errors, including "compiler_atomic_functions() [FAILED]", details showed in attached pictures. How can I fix them?
2. When I run any OpenCL programs, I need root privilege, otherwise hinting "Device open failed, aborting". Is root privilege necessary? If not, how can I make a common user run an OpenCL program?
3. Aiming at a self-defined structure, used by host and kernel, do I need to align the bytes? If so, how many bytes should I need to align?

Thank you very much! :-)